Henry Lydiate has written a regular Artlaw column for UK's leading contemporary art journal, Art Monthly, since its first edition in October 1976.
These articles have been transferred to digital format and are freely available as the Artlaw Archive located at the Artquest website. The archive is up dated every month, after Art Monthly's latest publication.
ArtlawTV is an ongoing series of short films commissioned by Artquest to explore legal issues artists face when making, showing, selling or distributing their work. The films show professional practitioners discussing their work, with an overview by Henry Lydiate.
Recent publications authored wholly or in part by one or more of our partners or associates:
- Artist, Authorship & Legacy: A Reader, Daniel McClean (ed), 2018, Ridinghouse ISBN 978 1 909932 45 6.
- What is Art?
A brief review of international judicial interpretations of art in the light of the UK Supreme Court’s judgment in the Star Wars case: Lucasfilm v. Ainsworth
Henry Lydiate, 2012,
Journal of International Media and Entertainment Law, American Bar Association, 2012-2013, Volume 4, Number 2
- Commissioning Contemporary Art:
a handbook for curators collectors and artists,
Louisa Buck & Daniel McClean, 2012,
Thames & Hudson, ISBN 978-0-500-23898-1
- Posthumous Legal and Ethical Issues, Henry Lydiate, 2007, Tate Papers, Tate's Online Research Journal
- Talking Art: Interviews With Artists Since 1976, Patricia
Bickers & Andrew
Wilson (eds), 2007, Art Monthly & Ridinghouse
- The Trials Of Art, Daniel McClean (ed), 2007, Ridinghouse
- The Art Business, Iain Roberston and Derrick Chong (eds), 2008, Routledge, ISBN 978-0-415-39158-0
- Dear Images: Art, Copyright and Culture, Daniel McClean and Karsten Schubert (eds), 2002, Ridinghouse & Institute of Contemporary Arts, London, ISBN 9541710-2-0